Old March 16th 04, 02:26 AM
T. Early

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message

T. Early schrieb:

... The fact is -all- media consistently reflect the biases of
those responsible for the creation of the content.

The VoA for example is known to be controlled by the US gouverment

all
way down and shows its biases through every word said and even more

NOT
said. In germany the influence of gouvernment on media is very

limited
by strong laws.

We agree partially on this one. Certainly VOA is an arm of the U.S.
government, but I believe what they -do- say is more non-partisan
("bland" might be another term) than much of what is broadcast on our
private sector media. I'd agree, though, that the devil is in what
they -don't- say.

While I understand your point relating to the lack of influence of
government on media in Germany, that does not mean that the media
(e.g., DW) does not have its own biases--only that those biases are
not government influenced.