Old March 16th 04, 02:36 AM
tommyknocker

Maximus wrote:

Hi Rev
I like Radio New Zealand and Radio Nacional Do Amazonia in Brazil. I pass
over any religious stations because I find very very few to be my cup of tea
and I dislike the way religion is used as a means to make a living, but that
is my personal bias.

I personally don't like the form of Christianity that stations like WWCR
push. I find it to be very bigoted, hateful, and greedy. I doubt Jesus
would have approved.

I also like Radio Vlaanderen International and Radio Netherlands because I
like hearing what is going on in the rest of the world. I don't trust our
government to speak the truth anymore, and I don't trust the media to be
factual either because they are driven by the urge to splash sensational
headlines and abandon a worthy story because it no longer carries the impact
it did.

I like Radio Netherlands too. I also like Radio Exterior De Espan~a's
news-when I can hear it, which isn't often nowadays (today they were
under the noise floor). I trust their news more than American news
(although I DO watch NBC, just to have a point of reference when
debating on usenet with people who only know American news). I've tried
Vlaanderen, and it seems to me that they're mostly focused on Belgian
national news rather than international news. But that was a while ago,
maybe they've changed. Considering how much the American government lies
to its people, I'd trust a crack addict with my money before I'd trust
the Bush Administration with the truth.

I also like listening to Hams, GHFS and weather stations.

Hams have always bored me. As for weather stations, I find that I'm
enjoying my little $1.98 Weatheradio. Although the weather doesn't do
dramatic shifts here like it does in other parts of the country, the
loop tape still makes for interesting listening.

I'm also a big fan of plain old DXing-when I wake up real early, which
is about once a week, I tune around to see what I can get. I hang out
mostly on 49m and 31m-41m has too much ham QRM, the tropical bands don't
come in too well around here, and there seems to be a high noise floor
above 10 Mhz.

"Strength and Honor"

"Rev. Tim McIntire" wrote in message
Hey, all...

As slight detour from the technical specs that go over my head and the

flame
wars between people I don't know, I thought I'd ask everyone which radio
programming they most enjoy.

Me, I like Alex Jones, Art Bell, the BBC World Service, and Radio Cairo.
And I think John Batchelor on WABC 770 in New York is the absolutely most
informative show on radio.

Rev. Tim McIntire AIM/YIM/MSN: revtimmymac
http://www.reverendtim.com PGP Key ID: 0x0290EA17