Old March 17th 04, 06:20 PM
John Miller

Default WWVB decoder circuit

Joseph Fenn wrote:
I agree with whoever said WWVH in Hawii is l/c and on same status
as wwv in Colorado, so these "skyscan" clocks should perform as
specified. I found though that my latest one will keep time
right to the second for a period of time, the I have to move it upstairs
where reception is better and leave it there for 24 hours. Once
reset to exact time tick I again put downstairs in the shack and its
good for another momth or so. I fail to see how the clock reader
can discriminate between WWVH (on Kauai) and WWV in Colorado.

Well, you're right for the wrong reason. :-) The clock reader can't,
because it doesn't listen to either one. As has been pointed out already,
it uses WWVB (60 KHz) in Colorado.

(massive cross-posting removed)
--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Involvement with people is always a very delicate thing --
it requires real maturity to become involved and not get all messed up.
-Bernard Cooke