Old July 17th 04, 10:43 PM
Cecil Moore

Ed Price wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote:
What prevents the perp from having his own RF gun? Are the cops
going to be driving 1960 Pontiacs?

They should be so lucky! In 60, Pontiac was building a race rep, and a
friend of mine bought a 3/4 race special factory package Bonneville. It may
have been heavy, and the front hood looked like the horizon, but you could
chirp the tires at 80 MPH going into 4th! IIRC, also about 6 MPG. It would
make one fantastic freeway cruiser.

The reason I asked is that I used to have one of those as a company car.
As I remember, it was 455 in^3. I used to drive the radar cops bats*it
by slowing down to 70 when approaching an overpass and then going 120 in
the straightaway out in West Texas. The radar cops *always* parked just
on the other side of an overpass in 1960.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp