Old March 18th 04, 08:19 AM
Grumpus

"Rev. Tim McIntire" wrote in message ...
Hey, all...

As slight detour from the technical specs that go over my head and the flame
wars between people I don't know, I thought I'd ask everyone which radio
programming they most enjoy.

Me, I like Alex Jones, Art Bell, the BBC World Service, and Radio Cairo.
And I think John Batchelor on WABC 770 in New York is the absolutely most
informative show on radio.

Rev. Tim McIntire AIM/YIM/MSN: revtimmymac
http://www.reverendtim.com PGP Key ID: 0x0290EA17

Whenever I get a chance I like to listen to World of Radio, DXing With
Cumbre, S/W DXer's Unlimited. John Batchelor is brilliant at what he
does. If I had to come up with a name for just exactly what that is I
would call it "Radio Intrigue". Sometimes I'm almost giddy like a kid
in the Depression listening to The Shadow when I hear his take on the
Great Game being played out around the world. His format with its
mixture of soundbites and choice musical cuts is nonpareil, but
unfortunately I believe he is the high apostle of the
neoconservatives, so I do not take seriously his politics, at least,
not all the time. On the other hand it is hard to fault a guy who can
line up an interview with Gary Kasparov and expound eloquently on the
Barnes Foundation. Tim, maybe you know, what happened to his partner
in crime Paul Alexander? Why did they part ways?

Regards,

Grumpus

Regards,

Grumpus