Old March 18th 04, 09:15 AM
RHF

RH,
..
You may wish to 'join' the "Kenwood R-5000" eGroup on YAHOO !
Kenwood R-5000 is the 'last and the best' of the Full
Coverage Communications Receivers made by Kenwood.
..
ABOUT - The Kenwood R-5000 Receiver - Sources on the Internet
READ= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kenwood-r5000/message/619
..
..
Concerning the Topic of In-Door, Attic and Hidden Antennas.
Take a look at the Shortwave-SWL-Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
..
A Compilation "Stealth" [HIDDEN] Antennas
HIDDEN= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/721
..
Simple In-Door Antennas for Consumer Multi-Band AM/FM/SW Radios
INDOOR= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/393
..
A Compilation "In-the-ATTIC" Antennas
ATTIC= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/426
..
REMEMBER: "The AM/MW, FM & Shortwave Antenna is 55.5% of . . .
the Radio/Receiver and the Antenna & Ground Reception Equation"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/288
A Shortwave Antenna is "Equally" Important for Good Reception [.]
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night...
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The Beyond !
..
..
= = = "Radiohead" wrote in message
= = = ...

I am a relative newbie to the world of SW.

I've just taken possession of a second-hand Kenwood R5000 comms receiver. It
looks like a very nice piece of kit. It's not really practical for me to rig
an outside antenna system at the moment, but I have heard that you can get
SW antennas designed for indoor use. Can anyone recommend any? I am in the
UK.

And if anyone has any thoughts on the R5000, feel free.

..