Old March 19th 04, 05:49 PM
Paul_Morphy

"Radiohead" wrote in message

They seem really good - easy to connect and don't require any power

supply.
Have you or anyone else had any experience with these?

http://www.miracleantenna.com/MiracleWhip.html

I think you'd do as well with a piece of wire. You only need a tuned antenna
when you are using a transmitter, that requires an impedance-matched load.
These antennas would be okay for toting a receiver around with you. I have a
broadband rubber-duck antenna on my Yupiteru radio, so I can listen to SWBC
while holding the radio. But 10 feet (~ 3 m) of wire works just as well.
Spend your money on postage for requesting QSL cards.

"PM"