Old July 18th 04, 06:32 PM
Mike Coslo

CW wrote:

Unlike some in industry, we just look at the potential problems. To often,
things like this get pushed through due to the drive of money rather than
common sense. Often this results in the "acceptable loses" attitude when it
comes to the safety of the public.

Gotta disagree here CW

The reason that this sort of thing is going on is that they are trying
to lower those losses. The zapper may or may not be a practical device
(I tend to think of it as quite impractical for most of the reasons
already outlined) but it was brought about with the intention of
*saving* lives. "Acceptable losses" hover very near zero, perp or
innocent bystander. Otherwise a chase could be terminated very, very
quickly.

- Mike -