Old March 21st 04, 07:41 AM
Melvin Creep

"Philip Campbell" wrote in message ...
I am looking to buy a DX-398 and was wondering if this unit has better
reception than an ATS-505? I listen most to MW, but I wanted to get into
some SWL. I am new to swl.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello Philip:
As official spokesman for the shortwave newsgroup I would like to
welcome you to our family and the shortwave hobby. My advice would be
go the used route when first starting out. Pick up a used DX-398 and a
Grundig Yacht Boy 400 on Ebay which you should be able to get for the
price of one new one. Compare, experiment and have a ball seeing which
one you like best and then sell the one you like less for the same
money you likely paid for it. Good luck and once again welcome to the
family.
Melvin
P.S. If you have any problems with the trouble makers that abound in
this group please don't hesitate to contact me. In my official role it
is one of the crosses I must bear but dealing with problems comes with
the territory.