Old March 21st 04, 01:44 PM
Stinger

V.T. -- use your head for something besides a hat-holder. If the guy didn't
know how to diagnose this common 2010 problem, he damn sure doesn't know how
to replace an FET (much less add diodes). He asked for info for cheap
repair (and got it).

-- Stinger

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message

Smokey wrote:

If you are experiencing diminished or dead sensitivity ...
...for $25 plus shipping ...
However we have recently obtained a supply of rf stage components
that enable us to offer this inexpensive fix.

Sparks Radio Shop
8679 Pinkhurst Drive
Minocqua, WI 54548

Ouch. Your commercial post to newsgroups is NOT WELCOME.
You will be reported for newsgroup abuse to your ISP.

This "repair" is done within 10 minutes by replacing a FET of less than
1.50US$.

Replacing the FET is a really easy job. At least it is highly
recommended to add 2 pairs of diodes to prevent further death of the FET
on static crashes. The needed diodes are less than 0.10US$ each and it
takes less than 2 minutes when the case is open.

So 25 US$ for a 15 minute unqualified job including less than US$ 2 on
material is not a good price.

I have 2-3 of the FETs as spare parts for mine. I bought a few of them
when I realized that my 2001D was deaf. I replaced the FET and added the
4 diodes. I had no problems using my 2001D on big antennas then.

The diode mod is factory done on newer production runs.

There are some websites showing how the repair and the mod is done...