Old March 21st 04, 04:41 PM
Mike W

Hey, may as well buy a cheap HF receiver. After listening to Art Bell's
show last night about broadband over Power lines. If that takes hold across
the country, you may as well use your Drake R8b, or Degen 1102 as a
paperweight. The link illustrating BPL interference =
http://www.coasttocoastam.com of a mobile test using an HF receiver is
pretty compelling. Check it out.

"ac-acadaptor" wrote in message
k.net...
A $75 radio does not outperform a radio costing 10 or 20 times as
much. I thought for sure we could all expect it to perform better than
a Drake R8. After all, you did spend $75 on it.

I know it's hard to believe. I am as shocked and appalled as you are!