Old March 21st 04, 07:21 PM
Volker Tonn

-=jd=- schrieb:

Someone asked for help - Smokey stepped up.

I saw no "" to another post.
Where and when did someone ask? 2 years ago...?

Of the replies posted, no-one else has a problem with it
(other than you).

I'm sure if (a very, very large *IF*) "Smokey's" ISP actually
pays any attention to your complaint, I'm sure that they
would do some cursory investigation before TOS'ing someone.
When they check the message thread you indicated, they will
see that most of the other posters do not agree with you.

That's not relevant.

They will probably then wonder (perhaps aloud), "This 'Volker
Tonn' dude's a bit touchy, isn't he?", and that will be that.

It's not my fault, others do not know basic newsgroup policies...
Any commercial advertisement to newsgroups other than a direct reply to
a specific post is UNWANTED SPAM.

I'd refrain from complaining to that same ISP again. As you
have a rather unusual posting name, they might remember you
as, "Oh... It's that Volker dude again trying to make a
mountain out of a mole-hill"...

Other than this "Smokey" I have no need to hide behind a nickname...

No offense intended, but realistically that's the way I see
it playing out. Other opinions may vary...

And remember, "Melvin Creep" has already claimed to be the
spokes-creep for the group. You should rag on his "Creepy"
arse for napping on the job. :-)

Oh ;-) Melvin is a 'registered troll[tm]'. I do not feed him.