Old March 22nd 04, 01:23 AM
Jay Heyl

In article , t1000
@webtv.net says...
The Tactic? Learning a foreign language! That's it. I know, we Americans
hate 'learning' stuff we don't NEED to know, unless it's 'entertaining'.
Eg. we resisted the more logical Metric System tooth and nail, 60% of us
have never read a single book after High School, and we spend an average
of 21 hrs. a week watching TV. So, When you MAKE time to learn a new
language, which one have you always wanted to learn to enhance the
enjoyment of your hobby?

For those interested in learning another language, I highly recommend
the Pimsleur tapes/CDs. They're designed for learning to speak (as
opposed to read) another language, with primarily travellers in mind.
The lessons each run about 30 minutes, so they fit well into the commute
time for many people. Thiry minutes a day for a couple months and you
can be conversant, if not fluent, in another language.

Obligatory disclaimer: I have no connection with any company marketing
or producing Pimsleur materials. I'm just a happy customer.

-- Jay