Old March 22nd 04, 03:50 AM
Tony Meloche

RHF wrote:

FO&A,

The GE Superadio III advertises that using Six Alkaline Batteries
"D" Cells with over 400 hours battery life per set of Batteries.
SOURCE= http://www.grove-ent.com/RCV5.html

Thats 2 Hours a Day for 200 Days.

Thats 3 Hours a Day for 133 Days.

Thats 4 Hours a Day for 100 Days

Thats 8 Hours a Day for 50 Days

Thats 24 Hours a Day for 16 Days*
* NOTE: This is a continious "ON" Battery Life, Burn Down Test,
and does NOT allow for any Battery Recovery 'OFF' Time.
* * Therefore - Reduce this Time by 50% to about 8 Days.

FWIW: The CCRadioPlus advertises a Battery Life of 240 Hours.

I am not about to replicate GE's tests to see if they're exactly
right, but I do own a Superadio III, and I will testify that the battery
life of same is just short of forever - amazing.

Tony