Old March 22nd 04, 04:40 AM
Brenda Ann

"maryanne kehoe" wrote in message
Frank do you know of a way to use the radio here in the US? It runs on
220v and has the Soviet-style FM frequencies (54-88mhz) in the FM band
that goes up to 108. It's got the standard Euro pin-type plugs. My
converters I use when I travel overseas convert 120 to 220.

Are there such things as "reverse converters?"

If you want one, I can get a cute little convertor (autotransformer) here
that will supply about 100 watts, and can be used either direction (though
most of these small ones have to use adaptors). I can get a 1KVA one that
has thumb nuts on it that you can connect either set for input or output.
These are pretty cheap here.. on the order of $25 or so for the 1KVA model..
plus USPS shipping.