Old March 22nd 04, 12:48 PM
Alan J Giddings

Hello Gil,
I own the 1102 and quite a number of other SW portables. For the
price of $100 it is a good deal and well up to the job of catching
most of the major SW broadcasts aimed at the USA and Europe. It has
some nice features such as re-chargable batteries included in the box
which can be re-charged when used with the adaptor supplied (note the
adaptor is a 220v unit but most suplliers on eBay will includ a 110v
convertor at no extra cost). I have run up about 200 hours of
listening on my 1102 and have found it to be a capable little addition
to my SW receiver collection, not the best receiver you can buy but
certainly one of the best for a $100. I've no axe to grind, I have no
shares in Degen/Kaito etc and I am no expert on SW receivers but I am
a keen listener and my 1102 is great for that. If you have the money
you'll easily find much better receivers but it will be hard to find a
comparable receiver for a $100.
Goo0d luck with whatever you buy,
Regards,
Alan
mi"gil" wrote in message nk.net...
Is this radio as good as many claim or is it just the hype of a new radio?
Where can I find one and how much are they going for?