Old March 22nd 04, 04:45 PM
Alan J Giddings

I don't thinkl the Corbin fella was saying anyone should pack up their
stuff and buy a Degen. He was just pointing out (in a round about
way) that for many SW broadcast listeners that a cheap Degen 1102 will
do the job. In my case, that's pretty true although I admit it's not
the best receiver in my collection. Let's face it, SOME sw listeners
are more into the techno stuff than listening to the broadcasts.
SWavers are a bit like car drivers, they get p**sed off when someone
has a faster/better car than themselves but being a motorcyclist I
don't suffer from that little bug. All power to the cheapo radio that
brings in the world...
Regards,
Alan
(GO BEARCATS) wrote in message ...
Anyway, whoever it was that said this radio was comparable to a
DX-398/ATS-909 OBVIOUSLY doesn't own one. My 398, off the whip (and 398's
are known for not being very sensitive off the whip), picks up many more
stations than the DE1102 did with the external antenna plugged in!

Whew!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, I was about ready to box up all my radios for that
DX machine that picks up 95% of what a $5,000 receiver does---what Corbin
said.

Of course I KNEW it wasn't true and I'm glad that someone with some common
sense purchased one and tested them.

Thanks for clearing up the mess that some in here start. There really should
be a FAQ in here so people aren't *taken* by posts like Corbin or others.

I'm not trying to be super hard on you Corbin, but your comments were just
plain silly (notice I didn't say stupid.)

**back to putting my boxes away. ;-)

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)