Old March 22nd 04, 06:56 PM
starman

Mark Keith wrote:

Occasional AB Listener wrote in message

Another problem is the potential health risks associated. Could a
substantial increase in RF exposure -- especially around the household
-- contribute to the rise in cancer-related diseases?

NO! The rf levels are too low. Any worry of that is silly. The only
REAL worries, are about how bad that mess will trash the HF and LOW
VHF bands. I've already come up with my plan, if my receiver is
assaulted by this unwanted rf in the area. It's simple. If my radio is
assaulted by BPL leakage, I'll just assault the *******s right back.
I'll turn my beam towards the power line, crank up my henry to full
power, and blow and go. I'll put that frigging BPL system on hold!
They will have so many data errors, a dial up connection will look
attractive. In order to "cure" their newfound problem, they will have
to clean up the leakage. If they want to keep me out, they will have
to keep themselves within. Very simple solution I think...

The BPL industry has already thought of the possibility that ham's might
try to jam the BPL system. They could enact legislation to make it
illegal to intentionally interfere with it. Enforcement might include
fines or even canceling the license of an offending ham' and
confiscating his equipment. It could get really nasty.