Old March 22nd 04, 08:52 PM
Mark S. Holden

tommyknocker wrote:

Liypn, he who sells the Degen 1102's to everybody in this newsgroup via
ebay, sells the 220-120 converters that he includes with the 1102's
separately for $8 or so I believe. I have a 220-120 converter that I
bought from a local electronics store in order to run a Euro clock radio
I got on Ebay Spain because I liked its unique styling. The converter I
have was made in China but sold under the name "Great Value" or "Good
Value" or something similar. I didn't realize that Euro electronics run
on 50hz instead of 60hz, so my new "radio despertador" ran VERY fast,
with a 50 second minute instead of a 60 second minute. Oh well, I've
got it tucked away in its original box somewhere.

The converter you got with your Degen may not be able to handle something that draws more than a few watts.

On your 50hz clock radio, you might be able to get a premium price for it by selling it to someone who bills by the hour.