Old March 23rd 04, 12:03 AM
N8KDV

BCcubed wrote:

Hello all,

I have been listening for about 9 months now and finally I am starting to feel
comfortable in my knowledge of shortwave and the propagation of international
broadcasts. I use a portable receiver but now want to move to the next level
with a good radio and an active SW antenna. My question is Where can I go to
trade up to a better radio? Are there sites where SWL's have swap type setups?
Can anyone give me advice about getting a used Drake, Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom,
Ten-Tec?? The new radios are nice but 1500$ is a bit too steep at this point.

73,

Neil

eBay...