Old March 23rd 04, 01:45 AM
Stinger

"Jackie" wrote in message
news:qjM7c.61264$_w.940878@attbi_s53...
I have run up about 200 hours of
listening on my 1102 and have found it to be a capable little addition
to my SW receiver collection, not the best receiver you can buy but
certainly one of the best for a $100.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I would not compare the DE1102 (or my KA1102) to

Drake R8 or other high-end tabletop radio, but for a small portable
shortwave, it's a good deal for the price.

Jackie

Actually, I would qualify it even further. The KA1102's niche is as a
unique "Walkman"-type radio for use with light stereo headphones on-the-go.
It really excels in that application.

However, if you're going to put it on a nightstand and listen via the
speaker, you would be much better off with a YB400 or an ATS-909 (both of
which are more expensive than a KA1102 -- but well worth it in terms of
better audio quality).

-- Stinger