Old March 23rd 04, 07:23 AM
Pete KE9OA

Hi Brian,
I would say that it is the earlier model, the one that only
goes down to 500kHz. Since I wanted the upgrade to allow the unit to tune
down to 500kHz, and since it had an intermittent backlight problem, I
decided to ship it out to Drake this afternoon.
Now I understand why the person sold it...........it's always that same old
"I am selling it for a friend, so I don't know anything about its history"
story.
On a good note, Bill Frost, over at Drake told me that it would only run
around 125 dollars for the repair, so I figured, why not?

Pete

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote:
I picked up one of these units last October.................anyway, I
noticed that the sensitivity wasn't as good as my other units, so I
decided to make some measurements. Across the whole tuning range, the
MDS is .3uV, while with all of my other receivers (7 of them), the
MDS is below .1uV.
Is there any failure mechanism that occurs with this receiver? I do
have the schematic set.

Pete

Did you buy it new? Is it the 1994 or the 1996 model?

--
Brian Denley