Old March 23rd 04, 05:24 PM
Tony Meloche

Tom Sevart wrote:

"Vic Martinez" wrote in message
So, When you MAKE time to learn a new
language, which one have you always wanted to learn to enhance the
enjoyment of your hobby?

I've been meaning to learn Espanol so that I can understand the many
Spanish-language outbanders all over the HF bands. Just really haven't had
a lot of time, though, but might see if there's a language course at the
local college. Learning Spanish would also help with my job since we do
have a lot of Mexican immigrants who don't speak English.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

That's basically what my wife and I did. We both taught for years in
a school district that had a large influx of migrant students every
spring and fall. There were always a few of them that we called "ni una
palabras" - they didn't speak one word of English. And we were
responsible for *teaching* them! It was a big help (we just studied it
at home with tapes), and later on, as we traveled in Spanish-speaking
parts of the world, it was also very helpful. No time spent learning
another language is ever wasted, IMO.

Tony