Old March 24th 04, 05:39 AM
Mark Keith

starman wrote in message ...

The BPL industry has already thought of the possibility that ham's might
try to jam the BPL system. They could enact legislation to make it
illegal to intentionally interfere with it. Enforcement might include
fines or even canceling the license of an offending ham' and
confiscating his equipment. It could get really nasty.

I don't care. All I have to do is actually talk to someone while I'm
doing it.
They could never prove I was actually jamming them, unless I said so.
If they jam *me* with their noisy BPL, yes, it could get really nasty.

The BPL carrier should be more worried about what the fcc thought of
their excessive radiation, than I should be of operating normally...
I wouldn't be doing anything I don't already do now. If I point in
nearly any direction, I'm aiming at power lines at various distances.
If I'm pointing NE-E-SE, I'm pounding the crap out of them, being they
are running along the rear property line. Even with just 100w. I
wouldn't even need my amp, if I was on the yagi. To sum...The BPL ops
can suck eggs. They better run a clean ship if they start that crap
around here. Otherwise I will consider it my duty to be a pain in
their rears. But, on the plus side, here in the fat city, RR cable
access , DSL, etc, etc are all readily available. This area is wired
for RR cable internet along with the TV, and it's fairly popular I
think. Maybe that will stave off the encroach of BPL a little here.
Maybe not though... MK