Old March 24th 04, 01:26 PM
Bacchus

Thanks for the help everyone. It looks like the Sony SW100 is the one
for me, now that they've solved the old ribbon cable problem. I find I
can get one in the UK from Amazon for 200 euros (equiv) but I'm in
Vienna at the moment and here they are 360 euros!! I'm going to be in
Budapest next week so I'll see if I can pick one up there at a good
price, otherwise I'll order one from Amazon. Does anyone know a good
shop in Budapest?

Jay Heyl wrote:

From what I've heard of reception in Europe, an external antenna may
well be a detriment to good reception of the BBC on a portable.

Why do you say that, Jay? I'm no radio engineer, so any information on
tuning is greatly appreciated!

While I can certainly see the merits of the Tecsun R-919, and I'd
probably buy one anyway at that price, it does't appear to be available
in Europe.

Thanks again, especially Paul Dwerryhouse for the review link.

Paul.