Old March 24th 04, 06:03 PM
T. Early

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
From: "Corbin Ray"

Then it hit me. Some people consider Radio Havana's programming to

be
Anti-American propaganda (I used to feel that way myself a few

years ago).
What I heard last night, though, was no more or no less

anti-American that
what I hear every day on the US radio and television networks.

Cleverly worded. Are you saying that you think RHC's broadcasting is

more
balanced than ever or are you saying that network news is more

leftist than
before? What do you find so "anti-American" about US radio and TV

networks?
Given the introduction of Fox News outlets and the radio

broadcasting network
monopoly known as Clear Channel, isn't American broadcasting more

conservative
than it's ever been?

I didn't hear the broadcast in question, so I can't comment on whether
it was "fair and balanced." One indication might be whether they cast
doubt on Richard Clarke's credibility, which has been taking a severe
beating everywhere but on "60 Minutes." I -have- found Radio Havana
to be taking a rather light touch recently with any
"anti-Americanism," and I suspect they're aware that the embargo will
be a hot policy issue once Castro moves on to that big totalitarian
state in the sky. With regard to the assertion that American
broadcasting is more conservative than it's ever been due to the
emergence of -one- relatively conservative news network and one
broadcasting corporation that isn't even in the news business, I can
only wonder what on which planet CBS, ABC, CNN, and MSNBC are
considered conservative.