Old March 25th 04, 04:55 AM
Fred Zalupski

I have owned one for several years. It works great with an external wire
antenna (where many portables will overload with one). I find both my
ICF-SW7600G and Radio Shack DX396 are easily more sensitive with the stock
chrome whips. I had a YB400 and returned it - just not to my taste, though
it's a fine radio. Never used a 2010, but their reputation speaks for
itself. The 909 is fabulous for SSB and works well for ham and utility
listening. For program listening I prefer my 7600 (nothing beats a sync
detector that works) and then the DX396. The 909 has a couple of controls on
the side that I am always turning the radio to use. While the 7600 does,
too, it's a smaller item and more easily handled. (It's the little things.)
7600 also very nice job on SSB, BTW. The 909 also has a very long whip and
it's a bit cumbersome to move around the house compared to the other two.
(always falls over) These are small nit-picky items which may not bother
another user. The 909 also has a tape recorder remote jack that activates a
connected recorder with the radio's internal timer. Very nice feature. Lots
of memories in a page-organized fashion which doesn't suit me but may be
right for the other fellow. Text tagging of the memories is nice, though may
remain on the display once the frequency is changed. Annoying. None the
less, a fine radio. You may want to look at the 7600, too.

Happy shopping!

Neurotech wrote in message
om...
Hello guys,

I am interested in buying a 909, but here there are some QC problems.
Is this true? And does this radio perform well, compared to my 2010
or YB-400?

Thank You