Old March 25th 04, 10:36 AM
WG

You can get much better radios for less money and not have to do any
modifications to them. the DX-394 has a bad drift on SSB and is a basic
brick compared to other radios that I have had like my old Drake SSR-1 or my
Yeasu FRG-7. My DX-394 is a better radio then my DX-300 was and much better
then the old DX-440. I could go on and on but this went around and around
about 2 weeks ago. Stick with the professional grade communications
receivers from people like Kenwood, Icom, Drake and Yeasu. The ones of the
same aria as the 394 are about the same price at Ham Swap Meets with better
features and one hell of a lot better sensitive.

"the captain" wrote in message
om...
your answer is useless for me.

you need to be much more specific.

please do not reply with useless answers.

"WG" wrote in message

One word, JUNK

"the captain" wrote in message
om...
someone told me that they really like their modified DX-394. can other
people with a modified one tell me what they think of it ? I might
want to buy one.