Old March 25th 04, 07:22 PM
Bill Jones

On 2004-03-25 09:40:27 -0800, Al Arduengo said:

Neurotech wrote:
Hello guys,

I am interested in buying a 909, but here there are some QC problems.
Is this true? And does this radio perform well, compared to my 2010
or YB-400?

Thank You

I just purchased the 909 yesterday. I originally had the YB400PE and
after reading reviews of the 909 vs YB400, I returned the 400 and got
the 909. My opinions:

The Grundig has a better quality 'feel' with respect to packaging. I
found the limit of 40 presets to be a little restrictive for a newbie
like me. It is small though and sounds very nice. The backlight is
useless. The carrying case is rather nice.

The Sangean is somewhat larger but not too much so. It has a ton more
features including auto tuning for FM/AM presets, nice backlight, tons
of preset memory, three alarms timers, RDS capability, to name a few.
I haven't yet noticed an improvement in reception over the Grundig but
then again I am new to swling so I wouldn't really be able to make an
educated statement about it.

I got my 909 at Fry's for $149 which is exactly what I paid for the
400. The slight drop in quality of the radio case is acceptable in
exchange for the tremendous increase in memory and functionality over
the Grundig. Now if only I could stay up all night listening! (too old
for that I guess).

I suspect one day I will want more receiving capability but for now
there is a ton of stuff to hear. I love mine.

Cheers,
-Al

Al,

$149 is a good price, did this include the AC adapter, ANT-60 wind-up
antenna, headphones and case?

Thanks,

B.