Old March 25th 04, 07:49 PM
Frank Dresser

"JJ" wrote in message

Well, if they really want to fight dirty, the hams can also. Mobil units
can cruse neighborhoods and cause havoc with BPL and it would be very
hard to pin down the hams doing it.

That uncertainty might cut two ways. I think BPL is going to act flaky
enough as it is. But, if there are suspected cases of ham interference,
than all cases of flaky BPL operation can be made to look like suspected ham
interference. Who will the BPL customers call when they get poor
connections? BPL tech support, of course. And don't think BPL tech support
will say they have built a poorly concieved system for delivering high speed
internet access.

"Our system uses amazing high tech breakthroughs, has been tested in many
sites, and works perfectly! But, are there any cranky old CBers or hams
around? They've been known to try to interfere with YOUR internet access.
The internet access the Congress and FCC says you have a right to. We can't
stop them from interfering from your right to high speed access, only
Congress and the FCC can."

As I said, I think BPL will be flaky. The BPL companies will hardly point
the finger at themselves. I'm sure they would love to shift the blame for
their crummy system. Why not let the hams be the fall guys?

Frank Dresser