Old March 26th 04, 02:02 AM
Greg

Yes, I pressed the Freq button, and the lock was off. The up/down buttons
work, and direct entry works. The rig is pulling in all kinds of stuff
tonight on a modest random length wire antenna. But that tuning knob just
won't do a thing. I'm gonna send it back to the seller and see if he can
figure it out. Aside from that, what a nice radio!

From: BDK
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:04:45 -0500
Subject: Help: NRD-525 Main tuning

In article ,
says...
I just received a used NRD-525 from a dealer on ebay. All functions work
except the main tuning knob - it doesn't change the freq at all. The
up/down buttons work and the direct entry works. (The lock is not on.) I
tried reseating the boards but nothing seems to help. Am I overlooking
something simple? The unit supposedly worked 100% okay when shipped, so
possibly something came loose in shipping.

Greg

I know this may sound stupid, but did you press the FREQ button???

BDK