Old March 26th 04, 03:48 PM
Tom Holden

Mark S. Holden wrote:
Tom Holden wrote:
Comparisons are often invidious. The SSR-1 was made 20
years before the DX-394. Its published specs suggest it

[snip]

Tom - great last name!

I think the point is the DX-394 tends to be getting
expensive on ebay.

I've seen some dx-394's bring $250.

Quite a few close in the general range of $200.

Personal tastes vary, but I think a used ten-tec rx-320
offers more bang for the buck in the $200-$225 range.

Mark - your surname is great, too!

There's not one ten-tec RX-320 currently FA on eBay while there are
currently 7 DX-394's, and recently, 11! Closing prices for DX-394's have
ranged from $96-$275, averaging $164, over the last five months. The RX-320
requires a computer to run it; the DX-394 is complete. Sherwood Engineering
rates the Drake R-4C as one of the best receivers of all time. I have a
R-4B.

73, Tom