Old March 26th 04, 09:19 PM
Paul_Morphy

"justtis" wrote in message
I had explained to them initially that I had already eliminated the

potting
compound problem, and that most likely it would just need an alignment.
The most time consuming part of their task had already been done for them.
It's not exactly a BMW...it's not as well made as my Icom R-71A and the

Icom
does an excellent job.
Just trying to cut my losses.

Can you get the alignment instructions? Maybe someone at a local ham club
can help you align it. It can't be that hard. If all it needs is alignment
and you've cleaned up the corrosion, you may get off with an hour of labor,
too. Really, that's not a lot of money for a good radio. I'm surprised it's
not as well made as the 71. I had a 71 briefly and I thought it was kinda
tacky. The only Kenwood stuff I ever had was a T-599/R-599. They were funky,
but I guess I expect that of import consumer gear.

"PM"