Old March 27th 04, 04:01 AM
John Plimmer

I have a Sangean 818 & 803A and they are an equal match to the Sony 7600G
anyday.
Seems to me you have blown the front end FET's on your Sangeans
That happens when users put too much wire on the antenna's
South 33 d 47 m 540 s, East 20 d 07 m 541 s.
RX Drake R8B, SW8
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop

"Bunia3" wrote in message
i have several Sangean sw portables---including the radio shack dx-380.

they all show poor sensitivity on all bands--my grundig YB 400/SONY 7600G

blows
them all away by a BIG margin!!.

can these sangeans be modified to increase sensitivity?

thanx.