Old March 27th 04, 09:01 AM
justtis

Just partial to the Icom. It's a larger set making the keypad easier for
me to use. Also the keypad is designed for a right handed person like
myself.
I have a new service manual for it. Sure is worth checking with some of
the local ham clubs for help with the alignment. That thought never
occurred to me. Thanks!
"Paul_Morphy" wrote in message

Can you get the alignment instructions? Maybe someone at a local ham club
can help you align it. It can't be that hard. If all it needs is alignment
and you've cleaned up the corrosion, you may get off with an hour of labor,
too. Really, that's not a lot of money for a good radio. I'm surprised it's
not as well made as the 71. I had a 71 briefly and I thought it was kinda
tacky. The only Kenwood stuff I ever had was a T-599/R-599. They were
funky, but I guess I expect that of import consumer gear.
"PM"