Old March 27th 04, 03:52 PM
Frank Dresser

"helmsman" wrote in message

That's the problem, no matter how productive you are, if someone else
can do it cheaper "without price supports" or better then we loose.

I'm not sure I understand. How do we lose if someone else can produce sugar
cheaper than we in the US can? For example, sugar can be produced much more
cheaply in Central and South America. We still make many things in the US
that people in Central and South America want to buy. The trade would be
benefical for both sides.

That's why lifesavers went from "Holland, Mi" to Canada. Sugar costs a
fortune here and it's not the only product like that.
Sad but true.

The Chicago candy makers have been hit hard by sugar price supports:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/g...20040212.shtml

Frank Dresser