Old July 13th 03, 07:17 PM
W5DXP

Richard Harrison wrote:
It`s fixed phase and high transmitter volts which thwart energy return
to the transmitter according to my profs over 50 years ago in
circumstances posed in the problem I was considering. It seems
reasonable when the stand-off happens at an impedance discontinuity.

Why doesn't the same thing happen 1/2WL back up the transmission line
where the impedance is exactly the same?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured