Old March 28th 04, 08:04 AM
Dan

In article Els9c.18764$gA5.269047@attbi_s03,
"Brian Denley" wrote:

Clark:
Try Finewa http://www.fineware-swl.com They have two products that will
work with the R8. RLDB which is free and Smart R8 control which is
commercial and very nice.

I tried Smart R8 control a year or 2 ago. Unless it's changed
dramatically, it's not much use for an R8. The "virtual R8" displayed
on screen was never in sync with the real R8. Things like frequency,
Synch status, etc. were not "in sync", so I had to keep looking at the
actual radio to see what was really going on.

Apparently things are better with an R8A or R8B. But an original R8
seems to have trouble with computer control. At least mine did.

Even if it would have worked correctly, frankly, I don't see the point.
I'd much rather just spin the tuning knob!

Dan