Old March 28th 04, 04:31 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Dee D. Flint wrote:
"reasonable doubt" wrote in message
. net...

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - President Bush, hunting for votes in hotly
contested Sun Belt states, said Friday his administration is working
toward wiring homes throughout America with high-speed Internet access
by 2007.

Seems rather inconsistent with his current policy though. Since Patriot

Act

II peeled through, I see more of a totalitarian agenda from Capitol Hill
that, in good keeping with dictatorship policy would stand to lose by
widespread high-speed internet access. Of course, when you have a

population

as stupid as the American populace I suppose it really doesn't matter

after

all. I fairly sure that there are some Americans somewhere waving their
flags about this BPL news, as they do for anything the government tells

them

to.

Broadband doesn't always mean BPL. You are getting confused here.
Broadband can be via cable modem such as I just signed up for or even

via a
wireless system. Do not assume that the term Broadband, when used

alone,
means BPL (Broadband over Power Line).

I saw the news clip and BPL was not mentioned, only Broadband.

As one of the endangered species of fiscal conservatives, I wonder how
this will be funded? There are large parts of the country that will
require many many miles of fiber to reach one family.

- Mike KB3EIA -

The rural areas will be neglected as always. There aren't enough voters to
make a difference there anyway, at least in the politician's eyes.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE