Old March 28th 04, 05:08 PM
Kierkecaat

On 28 Mar 2004 07:28:48 -0800, (Tom Welch) wrote:

Because of the low volume of world band radio
sales, I'm frankly surprised that Fry's carries
these radios at all. Last time I was in a Fry's
store, they had the ATS-909, 606, and 505 in
stock. Also, the YB 400 and 300 radios were
being offered.

It seemed like a lot of wasted shelf space
on slow moving product. I am sure Sangean,
Grundig and Sony will re-evaluate and
streamline their respective product lines,
at least the stuff that's offered in North
America, especially "if" the new Eton/Grundig 900
radio is highly successful.

You notice that Grove Enterprises only sells
3 portables off their website and nolonger
carry Sony radios.

Tom Welch

Yes, this is exactally the trend, and the rationale, that is somewhat
disconcerting for SWL's.

KC