Old March 28th 04, 07:04 PM
CW

The Fry's around here (Renton, WA) doesn't carry shortwave radios.

"Tom Welch" wrote in message
om...
Because of the low volume of world band radio
sales, I'm frankly surprised that Fry's carries
these radios at all. Last time I was in a Fry's
store, they had the ATS-909, 606, and 505 in
stock. Also, the YB 400 and 300 radios were
being offered.

It seemed like a lot of wasted shelf space
on slow moving product. I am sure Sangean,
Grundig and Sony will re-evaluate and
streamline their respective product lines,
at least the stuff that's offered in North
America, especially "if" the new Eton/Grundig 900
radio is highly successful.

You notice that Grove Enterprises only sells
3 portables off their website and nolonger
carry Sony radios.

Tom Welch