Old August 7th 04, 12:26 PM
farzad

Default Being confused with two designs of Collinear Antenna

Hi,

I have read about collinear antennas within the two web sites below:

http://www.guerrilla.net/reference/a...ollinear_omni/

http://wireless.gumph.org/articles/homemadeomni.html

I have made the first one. But before testing it, I have noticed that
there is a very essential difference between them. In the first design
there is a short circuit between the central conductor and the
shielding in all segments as the final 1/4 wavelength segments is a
short circuit itself. But in the second design, there is a strict
advice that check the complete antenna before using it in order to
prevent any short cross connection between the central connector and
shielding.

Can anyone describe me what design wil actually work? and if both will
work what is the reason of that difference?

Very sincerely,
Farzad