Old March 30th 04, 01:03 AM
Diverd4777

Hey! Great Idea!!
Got me a Jwin JX M-14 which has signal fade problems
Running a wire with double ended alligator clips to the rear reflector should
make it an absolute DX Trap! Pick up Ascension Island right here in New York

Thanks for the info

Dan

In article ,
(ex_cathedra) writes:

It's yer bike !
Believe it or not.
I had this junky transistor styled shortwave radio
that hardly picked up any stations.

I also had a hard time picking up even FM in some places out here due
to the terrain.
One bike radio(am/fm/headlight) I tried had a wire coming out from
it.
And when it got near the bike,the radio went dead.
So for FM your bike is a signal killer.

So just goofing around today I clipped a wire to my bike....(to the
reflector bracket) and this shortwave radio worked GREAT!

I rode around to all the places I had problems with FM even.
And the shortwave stations were really loud and clear.

I'm just sayin....
Whooda thunk a bike is a perfect shortwave antenna?

Thank God I don't have to listen to Clearchannel anymore !