Old March 30th 04, 06:11 AM
Bob

(JCJ) wrote in message . com...
I recently received the SG-622 from Amazon.com.

I noticed that when tunning the MW band if I touch the whip antenna
with my hands the reception deteriorates badly. As soon as I stop
touching it, the reception comes back normally.

I own several other radios and when MWing if I touch the whip, it does
not have any effect on the reception on any of my radios.

Question:

Did I get a bad unit, or is this normal in the SG-622?

This is annoying, since the radio is small, you almost have to touch
the antenna. It's a shame because the sound it's great for its size.

jcj

SR3
S-350
DE1102
ICF-S10MK2

I have found that to be the case with a number of Sangean radios. The
whip antenna seems to have some connection to the internal ferrite
rod. If I am listening on the Sangean 808a it is best to retact the
whip. Same with the 818 and the little 622.
Bob