Old March 30th 04, 06:12 AM
krackula

why bother ? ........
what would your's offer that all the current model doesn't ?
these sell for $25 used and $54 new and work out to 40 miles
away from the storm. these have proven to be VERY
dependable.

http://www.strikealert.com/
http://www.dwquailgolf.com/access/misc_strikealert.html

On 29 Mar 2004 00:17:07 -0800, (phunkyman)
wrote:

Hi,

My project is to realise an handheld lightning locator designed around
a Digital Signal Processor.
From what i learnt about lightning, i think i can detect storm by
detecting sferic signals. For the detection, i think that just an
antenna+ADC+ FIR filter will be enough but for the localisation i
don't know how to do. Should i make a FFT? I thought that as the high
frequencies of the sferic signal (about 7-8 KHz) move more rapidly
than the lowest, i could determine the distance of the storm from the
determination of the time between the arrival of the high frequencies
and the lowest ones. What do you think about that? Does a FFT allow me
to do that?

I'll be grateful for your help!!

Thanks.