Old August 8th 04, 02:11 PM
Uncle Peter

"Thomas" wrote in message
Recently started to renew my interest in ham radio and so pulled out
some old equipment.

If you were getting Forward power on the meter, then the meter
movement is obviously good.

If the meter was working when stored, that
might likely rule out the most
likely failure--a bad diode in the coupler. It could be
a bad diode, but less likely. My first suspicion
would be a dirty switch contact on the Forward/Reverse switch
at this point.

Now, there is no way you are going to determine lowest
SWR with the meter the way it is. You could install the
meter "backwards", antenna to equipment side of meter,
vica versa, and that would let the meter show minimum
SWR if you had to.

Pete