Old March 30th 04, 03:31 PM
Mark S. Holden

w wrote:
Well, while awaiting the arrival of my new Sony ICF-SW7600GR, I thought I'd
dig out the old Realistic DX-390 and dust it off and see if it worked any
better with fresh batteries. Imagine my horror when I noticed the little
knob for the BFO dial was MISSING.

It's not a huge deal, of course, and the radio will work without it, but
gosh... I'm just really uptight about stuff like that. Anyone know what I
can do about replacing that little knob?

Thanks!

You may be able to get an exact replacement through Radio Shack.

Here is a link to a page that will take you to a drawing, and a parts
list with catalog numbers:

http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/8186.htm

The radio is apparently a twin to the Sangean 818 - so while it may be
the wrong color, Sangean can probably sell you a part that will fit.

Alternatively, you could probably get a generic replacement that'll work
from just about anyone who sells electronic parts.