Old March 31st 04, 08:02 AM
RP Jones

Sound like a Sodium vapor lamp gone bad, it can be FAR away to.
Does it start to decay after 8 seconds then suddenly stop around 30 ?
Build and electrostatic shielded loop receiving antenna, they are the best
to null those things out.

-RP

"Jazzy" wrote in message
Hi ,
I live in Southern NJ and like to listen to sports talk WIP 610 am .

My
problem is that about a month ago , at
about 7 every night( for hours) I get loud , blasting sounds for about 30
seconds straight at least every 5 minutes. It sounds like someone is using

power tool and it is interfering with the reception. Could that be it? Can
it be my neighbor working on something every night? It sounds like when I
turn on certain lights in my house when am radio is on and it interferes.
Just had to post this, this is terrible , it has taken my nightly

listening
away. What could it be?
Thanks,
Jazz