Old April 1st 04, 03:18 AM
Dan

In article ,
"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote:

I'm pretty much centrist myself.. I have liberal view on some things (health
care for the elderly, death penalty, etc.) and conservative views on other
things (taxes, abortion, etc.).. but I have never understood what the far
right hates so much about the left (or vice-versa for that matter).

It's all about "bragging rights". "We Won The Election!" "We're In
The White House!" "We're More Popular!". Neener Neener!

It has nothing to do with "The Future Of America" or any of that
rhetoric. It's a horse race, a beauty pageant. Pure and simple.

That's why I gave up voting about 20 years ago. It makes no difference
who "wins" or who "loses". Any candidate will say anything to any
group in order to get elected.

Whatever you all decide is fine with me. Just wake me up when it's all
over.

Dan

Drake R8, Grundig Satellit 650
Radio Shack DX-440, Grundig YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1936)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1935)