Old April 1st 04, 06:53 AM
Frank Dresser

"David" wrote in message

[snip]

"We cannot think of a better way to bring our important message
directly into the cars, homes and minds of Americans than broadcasting
on XM Satellite Radio," said Mark Walsh, CEO of Progress Media. "There
is a great underserved market of Americans who want to hear compelling
and funny talk voices expressing viewpoints long absent from the radio
airwaves. Air America on XM will go a long way to correcting this
imbalance at a particularly opportune time."

[snip]

I listened in for about an hour. Nothing but Bush bashing. Bashing
politicians is OK, but it gets tiresome. I wonder if they really have a
handle on the success of Rush Limbaugh. Rush was one of the first media
people who made it seem fun to be a conservative.

Conservatives used to be ridiculed as a bunch of uptight squares. It was
the conservatives who wrote the Blue Laws. It was the conservatives who
banned books and movies. It was the conservatives who got the vapors when
skirts went above the knee.

Rush properly turned the ridicule back on the liberals (actually it's the
progressives, but that distinction got blurred about a century ago). The
liberals tell you not to smoke. The liberals punish people who don't wear a
seat belt. The liberals say a steak is not only unheathy, but meat
production will destroy the world's environment. The modern
liberals(progressives) have become the new administrators of the nanny
state.

I think liberal talk radio could be successful. But I'm sure guilt radio
will never get past the NPR level.

Frank Dresser